- Group of hospitals with 12 sites and a total of 9,300 employees and 3,785 beds
- Over 185,000 patients per year
- Standardised operability and phone-number system
- Internal and external mobility solution
- Central access to all the systems for service technicians
GESPAGWith a market share of 45 per cent, GESPAG (Oö. Gesundheits- und Spitals AG), is the largest hospital owner in Upper Austria. It currently runs ten hospitals at twelve different locations, eight of which are general hospitals and two are specialized hospitals. The GESPAG group employs approximately 9,300 people.
As part of an effort to homogenise all of GESPAG’s existing facilities, it was of major importance to standardise operability and improve the availability of mobile staff, with particular attention being paid to alerting staff in case of an emergency. A uniform phone-number system was also required for all of the sites. Each location was to remain independent, but incorporated into a network so that any servicing required to the systems could be done from a central point.
"A modern, reliable communications system that can be adapted to hospital requirements is a basic prerequisite for achieving our motto: ‘We unite people and systems together to create attractive solutions for the health sector'."
- Aastra MX-ONE® TSE (Telephony Server) with network and server redundancy
- Aastra MX-ONE® TSW (Telephony Switch) with 15,000 lines
- IP network with central administration
- Solidus eCare™ Multi Media Contact Centre
- Central IP set-up for technical services and administration
- Reliable, fail-safe network of autonomous systems
- Staff are alerted about emergencies via internal DECT messages (SMS) or externally via AMC
- Integration of mobile phones
- Uniform phone-number system enables necessary flexibility