ClientNational Library of Wales
- National legal-deposit library of Wales
- Holds over 4 million volumes
- Regarded as one of the great libraries of the world
- Over 300 employees
- Welsh language across the telephone system
- Improving communications and customer service
- Feature-rich handsets
National Library of WalesThe National Library of Wales is the national legal-deposit library of Wales, holding over four million printed volumes. It is widely regarded as one of the great libraries of the world and the ultimate source of the true Welsh language. More than 300 members of the staff, many of them Welsh speakers, are housed in the library’s imposing building, which stands above Aberystwyth.
Committed to the Welsh Assembly’s vision of a bilingual nation in which people will have the opportunity to use Welsh in every area of daily life, the Library turned to long-term partner Aastra Telecom to offer the staff a Welsh-language option across the telephone system and many other new features provided by version 7.8 of Aastra’s IntelliGate® IP PBX.
"We are very glad to have cooperated with Aastra to offer the Welsh facility to our staff and to see the Welsh language take its place with the other European languages. This is a positive step for the language and a welcome facility for our staff in the language of their choice."
- Aastra IntelliGate 7.8
- 342 Aastra Office digital, IP and screen-based telephones
- 2 Office 45 Operator Console telephones
- 1 AMC
- 320 digital ports/64 analogue ports, 8 ISDN ports and 1 ISDN primary rate
- 4 port CallXpress voice mail
- OIP server (for Office 1560 operator consoles)
- Bilingual staff can opt for either Welsh or English voice prompts
- Centralised switchboard operation offers fast and efficient call management
- Staff are contactable on site, whatever their location
- Voice mail system speeds up message-taking and retrieval
- Future-proof, scalable telecommunications system in place
- On-site and remote system support framework