ClientUniversity of Western Australia
- Australian institution of higher education
- Leader in its class
- Recognised internationally
- State-of-the-art, leading-edge technology
- High-quality, open, reliable, feature-rich communications
University of Western AustraliaThe University of Western Australia (UWA) is a leading Australian research university and has an international reputation for excellence, innovation and enterprise. UWA has the highest-quality undergraduates of any university in Australia. This is underpinned by the fact that the proportion of UWA graduates accepted into full-time employment within five months of completing their course is the highest of all Western Australian universities and among the highest in Australia.
The University’s mission is to advance, transmit and sustain knowledge and understanding through the conduct of teaching, research and scholarship at the highest international standards for the benefit of the Western Australian, Australian and international communities.
Aastra provided the University of Western Australia with a strategic MX-ONE® Telephony Server upgrade from the existing Telephony Switch revision. The upgrade included the introduction of SIP capability and true IP switching. The TDM Group Switch running all 23 LIMs (line interface modules) was completely removed and the new IP Group Switch now provides the backbone for all inter-LIM traffic. The University is geographically dispersed, but with Aastra’s MX-ONE® architecture, the entire Nedlands campus now operates as a single MX-ONE® Telephony Server solution with centralised and simplified management. The new Aastra MX-ONE® solution offers greater mobility and redundancy enhancements with access to Unified Communications and many productivity-enhancing tools.
- Aastra MX-ONE® TSE (Telephony Server) 3.2
- 23 LIM/Node System using IP Group Switch
- Solidus eCare® Multi Media Contact Centre
- CMG contact management suite with PC-based NOW operators
- High-quality IP switching
- Flexibility through IP
- Investment protection through Aastra’s open-standard MX-ONE® Telephony Server solution
- Significant cost savings in future expansions, providing further investment protection
- Access to unified communications with productivity-enhancing applications for both staff and students
- Easy remote-system support and centralised management, reducing engineering time and support costs